Friday, September 2, 2022

Welcome to Grade 3!

 Dear Grade 3 Parents and Guardians:

   I would like to introduce myself as your child’s teacher for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year. My name is Miss.Katrina Sturgeon and I will be teaching your child’s grade 3 class here at St. Martin de Porres. I am very excited to welcome students back to school and I look forward to meeting your child. I have been teaching in our Board since 2001 and have spent many of my years here at St. Martins, watching the school grow and change. I love all subject areas, especially nature, science and anything creative. Our French educator is Mme. Panetta and french will be the last block of the day.


   On the first day of school I will meet our class at the Baseball Diamond and I will be wearing a party-style spunky hairband with multiple colours to help you find me. I also will have a few blue streaks in my hair!


   This year we have even more buses and student transportation vans.  If driving or on bus cancel days, please park at the arena or on a neighbourhood street and walk over to the designated school entry gates.  In order to maintain everyone’s safety we request that parents refrain from entering the gated area. We are a large school and safety is our priority. 

   

   Class work will often be completed online through Hapara on student chromebooks. Please check Hapara if your child is absent. Homework suggestions will also be posted in the Hapara Workspace.


I look forward to meeting you! 

Miss.Katrina Sturgeon


Here is a peek at our classroom so far: